I’ve got a new split C27 cassette with Brandon Terzakis out now on Sound Holes. It features a 13 minute composition, “I Knew Him So Well”, recorded in late 2012/early 2013.
You can buy it direct from Sound Holes here. It will be available in the shop soon and I’ll also have copies at upcoming shows.
John Macedo - I Knew Him So Well (excerpt)
Room recording from my performance at Hundred Years Gallery on 26th July 2014. Thanks to Graham Mackeachan for the recording and Mary Lemley for the photo.
JOHN MACEDO – LIVE @ HUNDRED YEARS GALLERY: 26/7/14
Modular synthesizer, speaker cones, and sines waves.
DOWNLOAD (320 kbps mp3 – 43MB)
SATURDAY 20TH SEPTEMBER 2014 – HIDEOUS PORTA 13
In playing in a quintet with Mark Durgan, Phil Julian, John Wall, myself, and Jaqcues Beloeil on live sound diffusion/mixing @ Apiary Studios, London. Should be a fun one!
Apiary Studios, 458 Hackney Rd, London E2 9EG | 4pm onwards | £6 advance / £8 on the door
Also, Hideous Porta have put together a mix for the event. It features an excerpt of an upcoming release by Phil Julian and myself on Hideous Replica at 37:51 minutes.
Renato Rinaldi – Dyed in the Grain (Entr’acte)
Morfar Fiskeren – Untitled (Self release)
Nicola Ratti – Joy / Ossario (Holiday Records)
Michael Speers – Untitled (Self release – forthcoming)
Sebastiano Carghini – Hctascsrprbas (unreleased / online)
Sebastiano Carghini – RIT 12 || study (unreleased / online)
DJ Multitasking – Untitled (Digital Death Records)
John Wall & Mark Durgan – Track 05 /139 (Entr’acte)
Jacques Beloeil – Guillotine (Entr’acte)
Phil Julian & John Macedo – Untitled (Hideous Replica – forthcoming)
Renato Rinaldi – Time Machine (Entr’acte)
Nicola Ratti – Local / Ossario (Holiday records)
TUESDAY 12TH AUGUST 2014
Duo with Artur Vidal @ Goldsmiths, University of London (Drama Studio 1). Tom Mudd/John Wall duo also performing.
Goldsmiths, University of London, Lewisham Way, New Cross, London, SE14 6NW | 7.30pm | £5 (suggested donation)
I contributed a mix to Entr’acte’s monthly mix series this month.
John Macedo: Entr’acte Mix – August 2014
1. Luc Ferrari – Music Promenade (from Und So Weiter/Music Promenade) – 00:00
2. Monks – I Hate You (from Black Monk Time) – 1:52
3. Toshimaru Nakamura & John Butcher – Knead (from Dusted Machinery) – 5:22
4. Nuno Canavarro – Cave (from Plux Quba) – 12:48
5. Alvin Lucier – Music For Piano With Amplified Sonorous Vessels (from Panorama) – 16:07
6. Polygon Window – Quoth (from Surfing On Sine Waves) – 20:35
7. Gert-Jan Prins – Sub I (from Noise Capture) – 26:02
8. Town and Country – The Bells (from C’mon) – 30:42
9. Bernard Parmegiani – Feed-Back (from Chants magnétiques) – 37:53
10. Basic Channel – Q1.2 (from BCD) – 41:37
11. Bastro – Decent Skin (from Diapo Guapo) – 46:22
12. The Bug – Killer (featuring He-Man/Rootsman) (from Pressure) – 49:27
13. Charles Dodge – Speech Songs: When I Am With You (from Synthesized Voices) – 52:59
14. John Edwards – Meshes (from Volume) – 54:30
15. Twilit Grotto – Flies Dropping Like Flies (from Livestock) – 55:16
16. Baudouin Oosterlynck – Refuge (from 1975-1978) – 1:01:21
17. James Rushford & Joe Talia – Untitled (from Manhunter) – 1:04:42
18. Greg Kelley/Jason Lescalleet – Tight Spot (from Forlorn Green) – 1:08:13
19. Electric Wizard – Master Of Alchemy I.House Of Whipcord/II.The Black Drug (from Let Us Prey) – 1:10:08